PHP development began in 1994 when the Danish/Greenlandic/Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf initially created a set of Perl scripts he called "Personal Home Page Tools" to maintain his personal homepage. – Wikipedia
Since then a lot of spaghetti code has been written. PHP is the popular programming language everybody complains about. We see a new rise of sophisticated PHP programming. Here are some bits and pieces.
- PHP5.4 – the latest version with new features
- Composer – Dependency Manager (See also here)
- PSR – PHP standards
- Modern frameworks based on decoupled components
- PHP is much better than you think by Fabien Potencier >HN
- PHP the right way the definite guide by Josh Lockhart >HN
- Is this the PHP renaissance? by Joseph Erickson
- PHP Ecosystem Update "The Best Worst Language around" by Phil Sturgeon
- PHP 5.4 is here! What you must know by Dejan Marjanovic on net.tuts
- Practical PHP 5.3 slide from Nate Abele Missing something? Please comment!