As usual: This platform update will affect all Apps (Uni and Pro). The expected downtime for App web delivery is up to 20 minutes, we aim for a few minutes. We will run the updates sequentially, App after App. Pro Apps on production plans are planned to have near-to-zero downtime.
For the deployment services (Git, SSH and SFTP) we expect a maximum downtime of around 30 minutes. Also the updates will run sequentially, so the individual per App down-time likely will be less.
Please keep an eye on our status page where we are going to post intermediate updates.
Date and time
On Wednesday, 17th of November 2021 the maintenance window starts at
10:00 AM - Berlin
09:00 AM - UTC
04:00 AM - NYC
01:00 AM - SF
On Thursday, 18th of November 2021 the maintenance window starts at
07:30 PM - Berlin
06:30 PM - UTC
Client facing changes
Here is the complete list of client facing changes:
- PHP80 (8.0.2) > 8.0.12 - changelog
- PHP74 (7.4.15) > 7.4.25 - changelog
- PHP73 (7.3.27) > 7.3.32 - changelog
Installed from pecl
- apcu (5.1.19) > 5.1.21 - changelog
- igbinary (3.2.1) > 3.2.6 - changelog
- imagick (3.4.4 + 448c1cd0) > 3.5.1 - changelog
- ImageMagick library (7.0.10-1) > 7.0.10-62 - changelog
- gnupg (1.5.0-rc1) > 1.5.0 - changelog
- mongodb (1.9.0) > 1.11.1 - changelog
- redis (5.3.3) > 5.3.4 - changelog
- yaml (2.2.1) > 2.2.2 - changelog
- ssh2 (1.2 + 93265d71b) > 1.3.1 - changelo
3rd party extensions
- blackfire php probe (1.49.1) > 1.69.0 - list of current versions
- blackfire agent (1.46.0) > 1.50.0 - changelog
- newrelic php probe (22.214.171.1245) > 126.96.36.1993 - release notes
- newrelic agent (188.8.131.525) > 184.108.40.2063 - release notes
During testing for this release we have noticed an incompatibility (signature change) of the imagick extension and older versions of Craft CMS which use an unpatched version of
Update your Craft CMS if your version is still on 3.4 or lower. Update to at least version 3.5. The current version (time of this writing) of Craft CMS is 3.7.20. See our Craft CMS update guide on how to do that best.
pixelandtonic/imagine includes a patch. All previous versions will break certain image related functionality. If you use a newer version of Craft CMS (3.5 - 3.7) and update it on a regular basis, the patch is probably included already.
Verify the version and update with Composer
In general we advice to use the Craft CLI (
./craft update all) to update your local Craft CMS before deploying the new version to fortrabbit. Here are detailed instructions on how to verify that you are already on the correct version and get it up-to-date with Composer (locally first).
$ composer info pixelandtonic/imagine | grep versions
- Version: 220.127.116.11 > Nothing to do 🥳
- Version: 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 > run
composer update pixelandtonic/imagine -w
- Version: 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 > run
composer require pixelandtonic/imagine:"184.108.40.206 as 220.127.116.11"
After successfully updating the package, commit and push the updated composer.json/lock to your App.